Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reading: Its Good For The Soul

I love to read. I read every day. On the bus, in the bath, before bed, waiting for a friend, any chance I get. It’s very rare to find me in your company without a book. But don’t worry I’m not rude about it. I won’t make you wait while I finish a page, or paragraph, or a chapter. I’ll quietly fold the corner over of the page and we can get down to whatever it is we’re going to do.

So what do I read? Well, quite a bit, but not everything. I love any kind of chick lit, I love Jodi Piccuolt, Jennifer Weiner, Barbra Delinsky, Diane Chamberlain, and even a recent Nicolas Sparks convert! I usually love the Target Book Club books and have found some really great new books through their picks.

I love self help books on business, budgets, relationship advice, health, and green living

And I love mystery and law. Dan Brown, John Grisham, pretty much all the best sellers.

So right plan.
now I’m currently reading two books, I’ reading "Knit Two" by Kate Jacobs in my spare time and "The C Students Guide to Success" by Ron Bilwas. My goal is to read 1 self help book a month, as part of my "new year, new me"
plan.


In the future I’m planning on posting small reviews on the books I read, I believe it’s important to share good books with good friends. I’m always telling my friends to read this book or that, and often giving them my copy. So stay tuned to hear more about the books I’m reading.



Along the same lines, I’m always looking for recommendations. So, if you’ve recently read a good book, and want to recommend it, please leave me a comment or send me an email. Along the same lines, I would love to join a book club that reads the types of books I love. If you belong to a club, thinking about starting a club in Lincoln Park I would love to know more about it!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

No comments: